Day One: I found out the girls at work are planning a raffle to help one of the co workers who is going thru a tough time due to health issues. I get the idea to try and make a quilt by May 8th to raffle off at the bake sale. I gather the quilt supplies. I decide to use my remaining NURSE BLOCKS to make the quilt. I figure it is a natural winner because I work in a hospital. (4-18-2014)
Day Two: Using the blocks I have I start designing a quilt on my computer using ELECTRIC QUILT. I took a picture of the blocks I had to work with and made a rough layout. A friend of mine helped fine tune the design. I did not have enough yardage for the back ground fabric so I bought some Kona Cornflower Blue. ( 4-19-2014)
Day Three: I got the design wall out and hung it in the only place I have available…. Over the living room curtains. Thank goodness my dear husband and family is use to my craziness and put up with it. I take my blocks and lay them out in the pattern I designed soon realizing that my original pattern was not going to work. I tweaked the design on the wall. I have started sewing the blocks together. Center and row two are assembled. I am working from the center out. (4-21-2014)
Finished Size should be 72 x 72 inches a generous size throw quilt.
LOOK WHAT IS COMING SOON…..