This is the focus fabric I purchased way back in 2006. I never found a pattern I wanted to use this fabric with…. until Exploding Pineapple. I have cut apart the blocks but they are rectangular. I added fabric to the sides and bottom to turn the patches into squares then I squared up the patches to 7.5 inch blocks. I then matched the blocks to another 7.5 inch patch and sew them all around. I clipped the new patches on the diagonal with scissors. Once I pressed the blocks I repeated the procedure, squaring up the patches to 9.5 inches then sewing a second patch to it. I repeated the process till my block measured 12.5 inches after the third round. I need to make 64 blocks. I have ordered more fabric from LORALIE DESIGNS but I have some challenges ahead of me as some of the panels are of a different colorway. BUT A QUILTER MUST DO WHAT SHE NEEDS TO DO…. make do with the fabric she has … or change the pattern… or change the quilt size.
I will be posting more picture of the new fabric and what I do with it as I go along. I have to use different techniques for these next set of blocks.
This is the beginning of my panel quilt for baby Hayden, the daughter of my niece. I am trying to devise a staggered border… NOT quiet sure how am going to get it to measure out correctly…. but I am working on it. Currently I am sewing green and white fabric to pinwheels, I then sew them together to form the boarder. I will trim it up to almost the desired size after the border is entirely assembled. I never realized how hard it was to work without a pattern. There will not be a border across the top or bottom of the quilt or maybe very small green borders. This will be another of my crazy experiments. … but I like to think of myself is the MAD QUILTING SCIENTIST.
http://nonniesquiltingdreams.podbean.com/ Nonnie’s Quilting Dream Podcast
Links for Nonnie’s Quilting Dreams
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @NONNIE_P ….. @NONNIE_P
email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org